Head of the laboratory, PhD of Engineering
In 1985 graduated with honours from Kuibyshev Aviation Institute, program “Applied Mathematics.”
PhD of Engineering on program 05.13.16, defended the thesis “Application of computers, mathematical modeling and mathematical methods in scientific research.”
After the SSAU postgraduate school, a senior researcher at the Image Processing Systems Institute, RAS (now part-time).
Since October 2014, a head of the Research Laboratory of Advanced Technologies for Earth Remote Sensing at SSAU.
Deputy Director General at Samara-Informsputnik OAO, an open joint-stock company (a closed joint-stock company until 2006).
Winner of the Governorate Prize of Samara Region for achievements in science and technology, 2003.
– Computer image and digital signal processing
– Mathematical modeling of imaging systems
– Processing and analysis of Earth remote sensing data (ERS).
Main scientific achievements:
– Synthesis algorithms and application of fast parallel-recursive signal and image processing
– Information technologies of digital images compression for on-board processing and ground storage of ERS data
– Image processing algorithms for creating applied systems to analyse medical diagnostic images, face recognition of documentary photography, etc.
– Steganographic algorithms for digital image protection
– Algorithms for detecting local changes in the images.
N. I. Glumov has published over 120 scientific papers, including over 50 articles in national and international scientific journals (Nauchnoe Priborostroenie, Computer optics, Proceedings SPIE, Optics & Laser Technology, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, etc.), 3 monographs and 4 academic publications.
"Hyperspectral remote sensing data compression and protection"
Computer optics - 2016, Vol. 40, № 5, p. 689-712