Publications: author and co-author of over 100 academic papers, including 1 monograph.
H-index: 13 (Google Scholar), 13 (Russian Science Citation Index), 6 (Scopus).
Total number of citations: 631 (Scopus).
Number of publications in last 5 years in journals covered by Web of Science: 5; Scopus: 11.
Education and certificates:
- 1979: graduated from secondary school 77 (Samara)
- 1984: graduated with honours from Kuibyshev Aviation Institute
- 1993: defended a PhD thesis, programme 01.04.01 “Physics experiment technique, physics of instruments, automation of physical research” at the Central Design Bureau of unique instrumentation of the RAS (Moscow); completed a PhD in Physics and Mathematics
- 1996: received the title senior researcher at the Image Processing Systems Institute of the RAS
- 2010: defended a doctoral thesis, programme 01.04.05 “Optics” at SSAU’s Dissertation Council; completed the degree of Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics.
- 1988–1993: technician, later a software engineer at the Samara branch of the Central Design Bureau of unique instrumentation, the USSR Academy of Sciences
- 1993–2013: senior researcher at the IPSI of the RAS
- 2013–present: leading researcher at the IPSI of the RAS
- 1995–2000: teaching assistant of the Technical cybernetics department at SSAU (part-time)
- 2014–present: leading researcher at NIL-97 of SSAU (part-time).
- The Governorate Prize of Samara Region “Natural Sciences and Mathematics”, 2013
- Certificate of Honour of the Russian Academy of Sciences “For a significant contribution to the development of the Image Processing Systems Institute, a federal state budget institution of the RAS” (order of the RAS Presidium No. 10105-368 dated 29 April 2013).
Research experiences: development of optical information technologies, in particular, different methods of calculating periodic diffractive structures, diffractive optical elements (DOE), optical devices using DOE; various methods of calculating lighting devices, methods of metrology structures in ellipsometry.
S. I. Kharitonov participated in a number of contract research projects for research organisations, including the Fiat Research Centre (Italy), LG (Korea), Abeam Technologies (USA). He supervised the projects of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF).
Main research interests: quantum optics, X-ray diffraction, cold fusion, development of methods for calculating and modelling diffractive micro- and nanostructures, plasmonics, magneto-optics; development of methods for calculating and modelling lighting devices.
Public activities: member of three dissertation councils of SSAU.