Publications: author and co-author of over 90 academic papers and 4 monographs; 6 software developer certifications and 2 patents of invention.
H-index: 6 (Russian Science Citation Index), 2 (Scopus).
Total number of citations: 573 (RSCI), 13 (Scopus).
Member of Dissertation Council at SSAU.
1. The Governorate Prize of Samara Region for achievements in science and technology, 2014
2. Acknowledgement of Samara Regional Duma, 2013
Education and certificates:
- 1975: graduated from secondary school 135, Kuibyshev
- 1981: graduated from Kuibyshev Aviation Institute (presently Samara State Aerospace University), programme “Applied Mathematics”, System engineering faculty (presently Information science faculty)
- 1998: defended the thesis “Modelling threaded networks and organising two-dimensional arrays for image processing,” programme 05.13.16 “Application of computers, mathematical modelling and mathematical methods in scientific research,”at SSAU’s Dissertation Council; completed a PhD in Engineering
- 2006: received the title associate professor of Technical cybernetics department at SSAU
- 2010: defended the thesis “Modelling and organising distributed systems for large-format image processing based on dynamic data structures,” programme 05.13.18 “Mathematical modelling, computational methods, and software systems” at SSAU’s Dissertation Counsil; completed the degree of Doctor of Engineering (higher doctorate) in 2011.
- 1981–1992: engineer, senior engineer, senior researcher at Kuibyshev Aviation Institute
- 1993–1998: teaching assistant of Technical cybernetics department at SSAU
- 1998–2013: senior researcher at IPSI of the RAS
- 1999–2012: associate professor of Technical cybernetics department at SSAU (part-time)
- 2012–present: professor of Technical cybernetics department at SSAU (part-time)
- 2013–present: leading researcher at IPSI of the RAS.
- specialised in image processing, mathematical modelling, automation of scientific research, and development of distributed and parallel system software, in particular, application software for supercomputers
- development of automation systems for new equipment testing and complex research
- development of original computer vision systems both for traditional use (railway tank number recognition) and for specific laboratory studies
- participated in several grant projects, government-funded and contract research for Progress State Research and Production Space Centre (TsSKB-Progress), FIAT Research Centre (Italy), Intel (USA), LG (South Korea), took part in establishing the research and education centre “Mathematical foundations of diffractive optics and image processing” at SSAU within Basic Research and Higher Education Program (BRHE) in 2002–2008
- executive of several significant research projects, including projects of Russian Foundation for Basic Research (supervisor of 3 RFBR projects), RAS Presidium and Department of Nanotechnologies and Information Technologies programmes, innovative educational programme “Competence centre development and training world-class specialists in the field of aerospace and GIS technologies” at SSAU
- supervised the creation of the following systems: the automated system for management, collection and processing of information when performing experiments in a wind tunnel with a climate system at the Directorate for technical development of AvtoVAZ OAO (Tolyatti), the system for registration of railway tanks at Samara-Terminal OOO (Syzran), the computer vision system for laboratory monitoring the amount of gel particles in a polymer solution at Kuibyshevazot ZAO (Tolyatti), the computer vision system for registration of railway transport at Ufimsky refinery plant (Ufa).
Main scientific achievements obtained in recent years:
- the new approach to organise decentralised structures that allows to define fault-tolerant allocation of distributed image data has been proposed
- the original decentralized algorithm for dynamic balancing of multi-processor systems has been developed for paralleling the local operations of image processing
- a service-oriented architecture of distributed image processing systems has been developed based on an original approach to the organisation of computing and data storage, which creates a synergistic effect when it is used
- the information technology of distributed modelling computer vision systems has been developed.
- Current research interests:
- software modelling, development and research for distributed and parallel processing large-format and hyperspectral imagery
- developing software for computer vision systems
- multimodal processing video streams in distributed computer vision systems
- Big Data processing technologies.
Full biography →