President of Samara University.
Head of Technical Cybernetics department.
Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Professor, Doctor of Engineering (higher doctorate).
Born on 18 June 1945.
1975–1983: Dean of Information science faculty.
1990–2010: Rector of SSAU.
Winner of state awards.
Graduated from Kuibyshev Aviation Institute in 1968.
Author of over 500 papers, including 7 monographs.
Member of the RAS councils on Cybernetics, Optical memory and neural systems, and Holography.
Member of the international society for optics and photonics (SPIE).
Member of the executive board of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR).
1980–present: Supervisor of the postgraduate school and higher doctorate (21 PhDs and 13 higher doctorates qualified).
- Interagency council on the Russian Federation Government awards in the field of science and technology
- Coordination council of the RAS on innovations and intellectual property
- Council of educational and methodical association of higher education institutions of the Russian Federation on education in the field of aviation, rocket engineering and space
- International Association of University Presidents (IAUP)
- Investment committee of the Administration of Samara Region
- Community council of Central Internal Affairs Directorate in Samara Region
- Community council of the Leninskiy District
- Executive board of Chamber of Commerce in Samara region
Chairman of Community council of Samara Region, deputy chairman of the Rector’s council in Samara Region.
"Computer simulation of satellite data for urban expansion analysis"
International journal of mathematics and computers in simulation - 2016, Vol. 10, p. 142-151
"Нанофотоника и ее применение в системе ДЗЗ"
под ред. В. А. Сойфера ; Самар. гос. аэрокосм. ун-т им. С. П. Королева (Нац. исслед. ун-т). - Самара : Новая техника - 2016. - 382 с.