Publications: author and co-author of over 80 academic papers, including a monograph.
H-index: 8 (Google Scholar, Russian Science Citation Index), 5 (Scopus).
Total number of citations: 330 (Google Scholar, Russian Science Citation Index), 52 (Scopus).
Number of publications in last 5 years: 32, including journals covered by Web of Science: 13; Scopus: 14; Russian Science Citation Index: 31.
Education and certificates:
- 1973: graduated from secondary school 32 (Samara)
- 1979: graduated with honours from Kuibyshev Aviation Institute (presently Samara State Aerospace University), programme “Automated control systems”, System engineering faculty (presently Information science faculty)
- 1985: defended a PhD thesis, programme 01.04.04 “Physical and quantum electronics” at the General Physics Institute’s Dissertation Council; completed a PhD in Physics and Mathematics
- 1990: received the title associate professor of Technical cybernetics department at SSAU
- 2005: defended a doctoral thesis, programme 01.04.05 “Optics” at SSAU; completed the degree of Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics
- 1979–1985: engineer, junior researcher at Kuibyshev Aviation Institute
- 1985–1990: teaching assistant of Technical cybernetics department at KuAI
- 1990–2004: associate professor of Technical cybernetics department at KuAI
- 2005–present: leading researcher of the laboratory of micro- and nanotechnologies at the IPSI of the RAS
- 2005–present: associate professor, professor of Technical cybernetics and Nanoengineering department (part-time)
- 2014–present: leading researcher at NIL-97 of SSAU (part-time).
Awards: The Governorate Prize of Samara Region “Natural Sciences and Mathematics”, 2008.
Research experiences: development of optical information technologies, in particular, DOE characteristics study using physical experiments; development and research of technologies for the formation of three-dimensional photonic crystals; development and research of the formation of inhomogeneously polarized beams; study of sharply focused beams using different methods; study of fiber-optic devices using DOE.
S. V. Karpeyev participated in a number of contract research projects for research organisations, he also supervised the projects of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
Main research interests:
- development of optical information technologies
- development of methods for calculation and modelling DOE, optical and nanophotonic devices
- development of technologies for the formation and study of micro- and nanostructures
- experimental study of the intensity distribution of electromagnetic radiation with subwavelength localization.
Main publications in last 5 years:
- Khonina S.N., Karpeev S.V. Grating-based optical scheme for the universal generation of inhomogeneously polarized laser beams, Applied Optics, 49(10), 1734–1738 (2010) (Impact factor: 1.63)
- Khonina S.N., Karpeev S.V. Generating inhomogeneously polarized higher-order laser beams by use of diffractive optical elements, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, 28(10), 2115–2123 (2011) (Impact factor: 1.67)
- Khonina S.N., Karpeev S.V., Alferov S.V. Polarization converter for higher-order laser beams using a single binary diffractive optical element as beam splitter, Opt. Lett. Vol. 37, No. 12, 2385–2387 (2012) (Impact factor: 3.385)
- Karpeev S.V., Alferov S.V., Khonina S.N. Generation and conversion of mode beams and their polarization states on the basis of diffractive optical elements application, Optical Engineering 52(9), 091718, 7pp (2013) (Impact factor: 0.96)
- Khonina S. N., Karpeev S. V., Alferov S. V., Savelyev D. A., Laukkanen J., Turunen J. Experimental demonstration of the generation of the longitudinal E-field component on the optical axis with high-numerical-aperture binary axicons illuminated by linearly and circularly polarized beams, J. Opt. 15, 085704 (9pp) (2013) (Impact factor: 1.95)
- Khonina S. N., Alferov S. V., Karpeev S. V. Strengthening the longitudinal component of the sharply focused electric field by means of higher-order laser beams, Optics Letters, 38(17), 3223–3226 (2013) (Impact factor: 3.385)
- Alferov S. V., Khonina S. N., Karpeev S. V. Study of polarization properties of fiber-optics probes with use of a binary phase plate, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 802–807 (2014) (Impact factor: 1.67)
- Khonina S. N., Morozov A. A., Karpeev S. V. Effective transformation of a zero-order Bessel beam into a second-order vortex beam using a uniaxial crystal, Laser Phys. 24 (2014) 056101 (5pp) (Impact factor: 2.05)
- Dyachenko P. N.,. Karpeev S. V., Pavelyev V.S. Fabrication and characterization of three-dimensional metallodielectric photonic crystals for infrared spectral region, Optics Communications, Vol. 284, No. 22, pp. 5381–5383, (2011) (impact factor 1.486)
- Dyachenko P. N., Karpeev S. V., Fesik E. V., Miklyaev Yu. V., Pavelyev V. S. The three-dimensional photonic crystals coated by gold nanoparticles, Optics Communications, Vol. 284, No. 3, pp. 885–888, (2011) (impact factor 1.486)
member of a dissertation council of SSAU.
Full biography →